Sad Tyree Mushroom

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Have had this guy for about 5 months. Everyday it literally blows in the waves, it's hair often reminds me of a 'Rasta'. Yesterday was out blowing as usual. Then noticed near the end of lights out it had fully retracted.

Today, seemed to stay retracted most of the morning from lights on (it usually fully extends within 30 mins from ramp up) then opened up a bit and this afternoon retracted again.

Been increasing my feeding with both roids and red sea AB+ as well as heavy mysis for the fish. Have had low nutrients for a few months but everything has been fine. Just this guy today.

Current params:

Nitrate 1.7
Phos - 0 ??
Mg 1350
Ca 450
Dkh 7.8

It slumps over when it's retracted. When it's extended it stands straight up. That's why it looks sad lol

20210303_171654.jpg
20210303_172612.jpg
20210303_172603.jpg
20210303_172556.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers will do that. Sometimes retract and will stay retracted for days. Then shed an outer film and get back to normal.

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering you said you've increased feeding, are you testing ammonia and nitrite? Water looks a little cloudy.

OP
OP
RobertTheNurse

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering you said you've increased feeding, are you testing ammonia and nitrite? Water looks a little cloudy.
I just threw in Coral AB+ like 10 mins ago...prolly why it looks off. Haven't tested Nitrites for over a year!! Kinda hope so lol my nitrates are low

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My toadstool did the same thing before, though now not as much. When I first got my 75-gallon FOWLR from a co-worker, the toadstool was slumped completely sideways. Over the next month or 2, it filled in slowly, stood up, grew a much thicker column, then retracted for a week or so and slumped over. Now, it is back to normal bigger than ever. It appeared that it was shedding brown skin during the prolonged retraction, which is normal according to my research.

OP
OP
RobertTheNurse

RobertTheNurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My toadstool did the same thing before, though now not as much. When I first got my 75-gallon FOWLR from a co-worker, the toadstool was slumped completely sideways. Over the next month or 2, it filled in slowly, stood up, grew a much thicker column, then retracted for a week or so and slumped over. Now, it is back to normal bigger than ever. It appeared that it was shedding brown skin during the prolonged retraction, which is normal according to my research.
:D thanks

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back