Sadness....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D82C5894-29BC-4686-9ABA-1CDC5678D33A.jpeg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm incredibly sorry to see this - mega disappointing. I hope they adjust their packing methods after seeing this, big time.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know!! First time ordering from Algaebarn...
Ordered 3 copepods, 3 oceanmagik, and 2 can of... something for my mandarin gobys lol
2 copepods and 1 oceanmagik are just gone...
Maybe copepods got hungry out of the jar and attacked the oceanmagik.. who knows

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very sorry about your experience! Please fill out this form https://www.algaebarn.com/claims/ as we stand behind our guarantee 1000%! ~Shaun K.

Hey Shaun I noticed you guys seem to use paper to pack and stabilize items, is it possible to use air packs instead? If something does leak it would prevent the stabilizing material from getting soft from the water and destabilizing the rest of the items..

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Shaun I noticed you guys seem to use paper to pack and stabilize items, is it possible to use air packs instead? If something does leak it would prevent the stabilizing material from getting soft from the water and destabilizing the rest of the items..
I can certainly pass this info along to our shipping department! ~Shaun K.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can certainly pass this info along to our shipping department! ~Shaun K.

Awesome! Thank you, I was looking at placing a couple orders and the paper was a bit of a concern given the long shipping times.

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a 30+ year driver at one of the major delivery companies I see this all the time unfortunately. Sure we do crush some, but believe it or not most often its due to no support within the shipment, poor box strength, etc.

Besides having an unsatisfied customer you also run the risk of liquids, or not in this instance but chemicals leaking out onto driver or spilling into their truck causing a work stoppage for the day until cleaned properly. And glass can cut thru on driver as well.

Just a lack of caring and attention to detail is all it simply is here. Fire the employee and find someone to do the job right who wants to earn their money.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Thank you, I was looking at placing a couple orders and the paper was a bit of a concern given the long shipping times.
This is usually due to courier issues, which cannot be avoided due to human nature. As you can see here this is my personal order of Copepods. As you can tell USPS was having an issue but I received them in good health still after that long in transit. It is very rare on occasion that the packaging is an issue, but we do stand behind our AOA policy guaranteed! :) ~Shaun K.

Attachments

• Screenshot (613)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (613)_LI.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 70

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude.....don't be a clown. Look at the lack of packing material.....and not using right packaging. EACH BOTTLE should have its own bubble wrap.
Sounds like you’re sounding like a clown. Clown somewhere else.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Being a 30+ year driver at one of the major delivery companies I see this all the time unfortunately. Sure we do crush some, but believe it or not most often its due to no support within the shipment, poor box strength, etc.

Besides having an unsatisfied customer you also run the risk of liquids, or not in this instance but chemicals leaking out onto driver or spilling into their truck causing a work stoppage for the day until cleaned properly. And glass can cut thru on driver as well.

Just a lack of caring and attention to detail is all it simply is here. Fire the employee and find someone to do the job right who wants to earn their money.
No glass or chemicals used in our products. We do however take these matters seriously and always pass this info to our warehouse manager. We appreciate your concern! ~Shaun K.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was sent via USPS, shipping was on time though!
I know most of my delivery people USPS, UPS, and FedEx (give them snacks and water because.. I order too many aquarium related items....) all of them are all amazing but sometimes we all have our bad days..

Copepods are vacuum sealed and the tops were screwed on afterwards. But still 2 jars and 1 oceanmagik were spilled (most likely Bc I had 8 items fighting each other in one insulated bag... hopefully they can add additional tape maybe around the lids/additional support between items next time.
The one jar that survived the trip ... is alive and well. Almost was tempted to literally dumb the spilled items into the sump but... Algaebarn customer service has been pretty awesome.. so we shall see next week.
E4E7CCD6-EF1A-45E1-A55A-E269276DD4EF.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back