Safety Outlet?

KenRexford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timed outlets exist. The normal method is to, say, plug in a curling iron into a safety outlet and then push a button. Might push a button for a 10-minute timer. If you forget about the curling iron, the timer breaks the connection and no power to the curling iron. I want a plug that always counts down any time the plug gets power, restarting the countdown if the plug loses and then regains power. Then, I could plug the Avast into the safety plug, the plug into the WiFi strip. I control the Avast then with the HC4 but have a hard cut of power if that outlet on the WiFi strip stays on past, say, 5 minutes.

Does this exist?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timed outlets exist. The normal method is to, say, plug in a curling iron into a safety outlet and then push a button. Might push a button for a 10-minute timer. If you forget about the curling iron, the timer breaks the connection and no power to the curling iron. I want a plug that always counts down any time the plug gets power, restarting the countdown if the plug loses and then regains power. Then, I could plug the Avast into the safety plug, the plug into the WiFi strip. I control the Avast then with the HC4 but have a hard cut of power if that outlet on the WiFi strip stays on past, say, 5 minutes.

Does this exist?
Yep. Google countdown timer outlet or auto shut off outlet.
Theres a few different designs.
This one i found with 5 mins on it :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back