Shroom Lagoon Do Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good so far! Getting back into the hobby and making a dent in the wallet ;)

Im looking to add a eurobrace on the top of the tank, specifically for more water movement. I ended up drilling the overflow box flush to the tank, and only have less than 1/2" of space between the waterline and the rim....My fishes love splashing and making a mess in the front, sides, and wherever they want.

Everything is stable with the previous sticks, just added some higher end ones. Trying to break the "rule of thumb" of waiting a year before adding sticks to the tank.... I say F it... throw them in and hope for the best.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good so far! Getting back into the hobby and making a dent in the wallet ;)

Im looking to add a eurobrace on the top of the tank, specifically for more water movement. I ended up drilling the overflow box flush to the tank, and only have less than 1/2" of space between the waterline and the rim....My fishes love splashing and making a mess in the front, sides, and wherever they want.

Everything is stable with the previous sticks, just added some higher end ones. Trying to break the "rule of thumb" of waiting a year before adding sticks to the tank.... I say F it... throw them in and hope for the best.
Right on man I'm walking the rebel line with you:D I had an issue with a cloudy bacterial bloom first week so im just waiting it out a bit longer to see if anything else pops up. So far so good though. Tank is stable according to testing but want to get a little more comfortable with dosing.
I actually starting dosing All for Reef yesterday so hoping that helps so I don't get overwhelmed with trying to do to much as I learn lol:D

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No filters on the new guys!
There's actually 5 boogers on this one:D
20210709_165415.jpg

Getting closer to true color on this guy!
20210709_165329.jpg
yep..catching up later... ;) :cool:

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have more than 1 pair of clowns in one tank? My wife thinks my other clowns in the nem box need more room to swim...And I am trying to advise that they might fight. BUT Im letting them out. Two pairs in one tank...
Unfortunately my powder brown made my mama clown carpet surf so down to the little guy. You may be ok with 2 pairs I just wouldn't go with a third wheel because they most likely won't accept it. Also are they same species?
@fishguy242 what do you think?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One set it a perc, the other is a mocha...But the mocha female is much twice as large as everyone else. The Mocha dad is about the same size as the both of the percs. I dont think the percs have attributed a dominate one as of yet, and both are the same size.
I have to be totally honest. I dont know alot about clowns but was told not to mix different species of clowns so you would technically be mixing percula with occeleris. I was told all designer clowns could be mixed together but perculas and others seperate.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to be totally honest. I dont know alot about clowns but was told not to mix different species of clowns so you would technically be mixing percula with occeleris. I was told all designer clowns could be mixed together but perculas and others seperate.
answered your own question...;)as far as 3 try and see ,worst case just remove outcast..:)
much easier to catch than tang...;)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
answered your own question...;)as far as 3 try and see ,worst case just remove outcast..:)
much easier to catch than tang...;)
Have you ever mixed percula with occelaris? Mystikal has pair of both but I think my guy at lfs said not to mix species?

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever mixed percula with occelaris? Mystikal has pair of both but I think my guy at lfs said not to mix species?
I've seen them mix and they inter breed. Very similar fish. Never tried it but I know it's a thing...

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried to let them out today and well they just wanted to go back to their nem. So I’ll keep them in the nem box, since they are attached to the thing.
1626316581120.png

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried to let them out today and well they just wanted to go back to their nem. So I’ll keep them in the nem box, since they are attached to the thing.
1626316581120.png
Maybe I should catch mine and stick them in a box with a nem. Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back