Sailfin and yellow tang

HeadStrongGrafx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
254
Reaction score
124
Location
Gulfport, Ms
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm curious... I have 3 reef tanks and one of them I have a yellow tang that I think needs to be moved into my 120 but I already have a sailfin and blue hippo.. u think they would go after the yellow???
 
There is a very good chance the sailfin will behave aggressively. You could try observing first in a social acclimation box to see if ut will subside.
 
The one I would worry about is the sailfin. Are they close to the same size?
 
Use a mirror to help distract the tang will focus on its reflection more than a new inhabitant
 
They are the same size. Well actually think the sailfin is a lil larger. I may try to acclimation box! That's a good idea cause if I don't and he gets picked on it will be super hard to catch him in the reef without destroying my aquascape
 
It will be a war most likely since sailfins are very nasty to fish shaped like them but every fish is different.
Why do want to move it? Yellow tangs are one of the few tangs that woll do well in smaller tanks as long as it's at least 4ft long. My buddy has a 10year old tang in a 55 gallon and mine lived 15 years in a 75 and now lives in a 150.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new