Sailfin Tang Grow Rate

piranhaman00

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
5,096
Reaction score
4,887
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I wanted to show a progression shot of Gustolv, the Sailfin Tang. He was so tiny when I got him! This is three months! :) I can’t imagine he is very old when I first got him, any ideas tang early growth rate?

He is the boss of a 180 but the lieutenant tang he is with is growing super fast as well so we shall see who reigns leader, still some scuffling going on.

I
F95397F2-966B-43E2-9D51-F82550472AC9.jpeg
6CAF0EEF-37C1-4306-B259-F87A3AF45C64.jpeg
02217D9B-FE67-4D34-BF47-8AE10C9F39AD.jpeg
9EF3A958-7ED0-4332-A71D-36F6518DF168.jpeg
 
What’s your diet for him? Mine is growing but doesn’t have the nice color of yours. I feed marine cuisine, brine, mysis, and seaweed.
 
Yes I cannot believe how fast he is growing. Im really curious as to his age, I cannot imagine him being very old when I got him, I still cant believe how tiny he was lol

What’s your diet for him? Mine is growing but doesn’t have the nice color of yours. I feed marine cuisine, brine, mysis, and seaweed.

I feed hikari mega marine and hikari mysis shrimp frozen. I soak foods in selcon before feeding but that has been only recent. I dont feed seawood at all actually. I also fed flakes for a while but when I do my vermentid snail population explodes so I stopped.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new