Sailfin with white tail Kole

juicy jake

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
23
Location
muncie
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I’m kind of new to this and I have a sailfin and I just bought a white tail Kole. The sailfin has been in the tank for about a month. I just added the Kole in two days ago and there’s a decent amount of fighting going on. I’m mostly concerned because the Kole isn’t eating. I’ve thought about removing the sale fan for a week or two to allow the Kole to get comfortable. is that the best course of action?
 
I guess it is going to depend on how big your aquarium is. If it is a smaller tank of 90g or less, then you may only be able to keep one of these fish due to the aggression.
 
OK, I’m kind of new to this and I have a sailfin and I just bought a white tail Kole. The sailfin has been in the tank for about a month. I just added the Kole in two days ago and there’s a decent amount of fighting going on. I’m mostly concerned because the Kole isn’t eating. I’ve thought about removing the sale fan for a week or two to allow the Kole to get comfortable. is that the best course of action?
This is normal and often last 3-5 days and subsides. If it continues, turn lights off several hours each day in which they will spend more time hiding than squabbling. If any damage inflicted, separation/isolation may be warranted. I have both together in my tank and they could not care less about each other
 
tangs will squabble, more when they are similar shape and color. consider popping a mirror on the side of the tank to also neutralize some aggression. those 2 should establish a pecking order and it should slow down, also assuming there is enough room for them to co-exist peacefully.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new