Saint Louis and Surrounding Areas

tcreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking to see who is still active in here. I really want to get a coral trade going and hoping to find some local folks who have some frags. I have many different types of coral but I am always looking to expand. Where are my STL peeps?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking to see who is still active in here. I really want to get a coral trade going and hoping to find some local folks who have some frags. I have many different types of coral but I am always looking to expand. Where are my STL peeps?
@Flippers4pups might know a couple of folks

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saxplayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started up with salt water so i'm here - but that also means no frags yet :)

OP
OP
T

tcreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have anything to trade? I have a few monti, birdsnest, acro, and zoa frags I could trade. Also I have a ton of Borneman anemones for trade as well.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone have anything to trade? I have a few monti, birdsnest, acro, and zoa frags I could trade. Also I have a ton of Borneman anemones for trade as well.

Not sure if I have anything to trade, but I would like to participate in any active meetings or swaps going forward. The Tennessee Club seems to be VERY active and it would be nice to have something local that was active/frequent.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you guys. I moved from Edwardsville to St. Louis and then to the Tampa area in Florida. So many great stores within 2 hours of me.
My wife and I just visited a couple months ago and like we always do when out of town. We visit stores. It seems to get worse everytime. The only one we made it to worth the gas was Corner Reef I think? Used to be in Columbia I maybe?

Sorry for being a troll but I see St. Louis and I still feel a connection. Maybe it's Pantera's Pizza. ;-)

saxplayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I have anything to trade, but I would like to participate in any active meetings or swaps going forward. The Tennessee Club seems to be VERY active and it would be nice to have something local that was active/frequent.

Hey Aces. I’m here in STL too. Just about 3 months in my first tank so nothing to trade yet. However I have a ton of good stuff growing now so we will see soon. What part generally are you in without STL?

saxplayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you guys. I moved from Edwardsville to St. Louis and then to the Tampa area in Florida. So many great stores within 2 hours of me.
My wife and I just visited a couple months ago and like we always do when out of town. We visit stores. It seems to get worse everytime. The only one we made it to worth the gas was Corner Reef I think? Used to be in Columbia I maybe?

Sorry for being a troll but I see St. Louis and I still feel a connection. Maybe it's Pantera's Pizza. ;-)

Corner Reef is now in south STL and is good. So is art of aquaria and Seascape as well as Corals and More

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel for you guys. I moved from Edwardsville to St. Louis and then to the Tampa area in Florida.
.. Maybe it's Pantera's Pizza. ;-)

Nice, I'm currently in Glen Carbon and Pantera's is always a nice option especially for the buffet.

Corner Reef is now in south STL and is good. So is art of aquaria and Seascape as well as Corals and More

Never heard of Art of Aquaria before, will have to check them out.

In another month or two I might have a couple purely by accident...I accidentally fragged an ATL Tulip Millie when trying to give it a permanent home. I knocked off a couple tips so I glued them to a plug and they have already encrusted over all the glue but are still small. And I don't know if a fish got crazy but a tip of my shortcake got knocked off as well and was barely hanging on so I put it on a plug and we'll see if it grows.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh The Hill. I almost bought a house in what I think may have been Dogtown in about 93 or 94. Is that connected to the Hill? I just remember it was right down the street or so. We just ate at Gitto's this visit. Rigazzi's was closed.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there used to be a store in Clayton that was pretty good. Is that still there?

There was also a place that was right off the interstate in St. Charles I think that was a nice store. I was told that sold and moved and we went to what we were told was whats left of that store and I was actually kind of embarrassed taking my wife in there.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
St. Louis person here! Newbie with nothing to trade but hi all! Seascape has been my favorite store, everyone is very helpful in there. The corner reef is very nice also. Marine solutions is not so great anymore...they are in a dark warehouse and the livestock didn’t look great.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hello fellow Saint Louis reefers! Lake Saint Louis/Ofallon area here.

Joe's Seascape studio is good.
Lei's Corals and more is good.
Steve's Corner reef is good.
Chad's Gateway aquatics is good.

Marine solutions is in the process of moving across the street from where they are.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there used to be a store in Clayton that was pretty good. Is that still there?

There was also a place that was right off the interstate in St. Charles I think that was a nice store. I was told that sold and moved and we went to what we were told was whats left of that store and I was actually kind of embarrassed taking my wife in there.

Clayton pet imporim. Closed long ago. Was a cool store.

There was a awesome LFS by the airport when I got started back in 93. Inland Marine. Was the best saltwater store I've ever seen here locally.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahhh The Hill. I almost bought a house in what I think may have been Dogtown in about 93 or 94. Is that connected to the Hill? I just remember it was right down the street or so. We just ate at Gitto's this visit. Rigazzi's was closed.

Yes, Dogtown is next to the Hill just west. Gittos is good, but if you have a chance, goto Carnivore, which is directly across the street. You will not be disappointed.

Clayton Pet Imporim closed some time ago, but yes it was nice.

CoralCache

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that was the place.

My buddy is a guitar player in the area and chose Gitto's. It was good. We will be back April / May or so and will try to get back to the Hill. I haven't been to the Spaghetti Factory in well over 20 years. I would like to take my wife there some time since it was a childhood thing for me.

Looking up Carnivore now.

I will have to try some of these other stores as well.

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I used to go to Clayton pet when I first got into reefing. Could buy an entire colony bigger than my fist for $125 back then.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back