Saldarya's 220g Mixed Reef

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
15
Location
Lafayette, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all, thought I would share my lil peice of the reef.

The tank is 220g, has been set up for about 18 months but I have just started adding fish and corals about 8 months ago. The plan is a true mixed reef.

I am in the midst of some lighting changes, so the current is as follows. The left side is lit by AI LED Modules, the center and right are lit by one of the chinese brand LED 120w fixtures that are sold under different needs. They were alright to start with, but as I began to try different systems, I settled on the AI. 2 more modules will be in next week and I will continue until I have 6 across the tank. THere are also 2-60" Aquablue T5's that will probably come off once I get all the AI's on there.

About 125# of rock, 75# of Marco Rock and 50# of Bali Alor.

Various coral as you can see, the fish are all anthias plus a Red Velvet Wrasee and a pair of redstripe Gobies and the pistol shrimp.

Here are some pics!

FTS
220Gtank026-1.jpg


Left
220Gtank031-2.jpg


Center
220Gtank032-2.jpg


Right
220Gtank033-1.jpg


Here are some close up sof the left side with the AI's on. This color is more representative of the actual color.

220Gtank003-1.jpg


220Gtank004-2.jpg


Well, thanks for looking!!

Bobby
 
Looking great, off to a good start man. How do you like that Velvet wrasse? They are pretty fish, but I've read they can be aggressive, but maybe just towards other wrasses. I love that rock work you have going on the right side, should give you a cool place for some SPS and a nice area for some colorful softies at the bottom.
 
Thanks for the nice comment, I do like the 'scape..

For fun, here is my last tank...

002.jpg


Just looking to do something a bit different
 
let's see a list of the anthias. :) :)

also, I moved it to the big boy's tank forum. :wink:
 
Lets see...

Bartletts: 2 male and 1 female (1 changed on me!)
Randalls: 1 male and 2 female
Tiger Queen (p. Lori): 1 male 1 female
Red Stripe (p. Fasciatus): 1 male, in QT atm...he may get to big and aggresive for this tank.
Pictilis (p. Pictilis): 1 male 1 female, in QT atm and doing well. I need to do an update on these in the fish section.
 
Looking great! That Gorgonian is huge, how long have you had it for? I haven't ever had any success with them.
 
Great reef my friend! Looks awesome!
 
Very nice tank. What kind of tank is it? What are the dimensions?
 
I like that pic of your old tank, looks like you had some nice stuff in there and some large colonies. Are you not going SPS this time?
 
Looking great! That Gorgonian is huge, how long have you had it for? I haven't ever had any success with them.

Thanks for the comments, the Gorg has been in a tank for a very logn time and recently moved to this one. I feel good about it. It doesnt get directly fed but with teh small foods the anthias get I am sure it grabs some of it.

I like that pic of your old tank, looks like you had some nice stuff in there and some large colonies. Are you not going SPS this time?

I will have SPS on the top portions of the Scape, just waiting till I get the lighting change completed, THe pieces you see in there were kinda test pieces, I can tell alot about the chemistry based on the SPS reaction.

Very nice tank. What kind of tank is it? What are the dimensions?

Tanks is 215-220g, it si 6x2x30". It is a basic Marineland tank, nothing fancy...

Thanks all for the comments.
 
Awesome tank, I love how there is so much room for your fish to swim and for your acros to grow!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new