SALE, 32" and 24" Units, Up For Pre-Order!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LukeG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 20 gallon tall mixed reef (24" wide). Which fixture would you recommend? What percent would you run it at and what height would you mount it? I'd prefer full spectrum as I don't like the 20k look.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 20 gallon tall mixed reef (24" wide). Which fixture would you recommend? What percent would you run it at and what height would you mount it? I'd prefer full spectrum as I don't like the 20k look.

I would reccomend the 16" fixture, it would cover your tank well, and have plenty of power for whatever corals you want to keep. There is no correct percentage, just start off at 25% power, and add 5% power every few days to acclimate your corals. From their, simply adjust the color to your liking. The fixtures are about a 14k with both channels at the same intensity.

ultramafic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what would you suggest for a standard 225 gallon with sps in the middle? I originally ordered the controllable 32 inch fixture about 6 weeks ago for my 90 but that tank started to leak so i'm sticking with the 225. figuring since the lights haven't shipped its not too late to change my order.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what would you suggest for a standard 225 gallon with sps in the middle? I originally ordered the controllable 32 inch fixture about 6 weeks ago for my 90 but that tank started to leak so i'm sticking with the 225. figuring since the lights haven't shipped its not too late to change my order.

Your lights shipped, I would simply add another unit.

Bryon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 40 breeder and was wondering if there is any other way to mount these other then from the ceiling.

scooterc268

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a 40 breeder and was wondering if there is any other way to mount these other then from the ceiling.

Using conduit pipe. Like an upside down "L" or "7" with it being straight down not at an angle. The flat part would attach to the back of your stand and you could hand the lights for the poles crossing the top of your tank.

Someone got pics of it, hopefully they will post one. I don't have a setup like this but I've seen them done b4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own Conduit hanger with 1/2" emt pipes from Lowes. Inexpensive and strong. I don't have pics on me but will take one once I get home.

Bryon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using conduit pipe. Like an upside down "L" or "7" with it being straight down not at an angle. The flat part would attach to the back of your stand and you could hand the lights for the poles crossing the top of your tank.

Someone got pics of it, hopefully they will post one. I don't have a setup like this but I've seen them done b4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I built my own Conduit hanger with 1/2" emt pipes from Lowes. Inexpensive and strong. I don't have pics on me but will take one once I get home.

Thanks

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the picture. I used the smallest corner attachments they had.
uploadfromtaptalk1357260252515.jpg

jtgordon20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a metal stand and I am upgrading soon so I just used lot's of electrical tape and put an L shape metal piece then the pipes rest on that then wrap and wrap in electrical tape. With wood there is emt straps that can be used or you can go fancier and get something that you can adjust heights.

ultramafic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lights shipped, I would simply add another unit.

sweet. I received an email from paypal saying they shipped but i'm having a hard time with the tracking. usps says they've been notified to expect a package but thats all so far from them. I'd like to know when they are set to arrive so i can try to be home. looking forward to it!

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any comments on the 32" unit? I'm thinking of getting one for my 75gal.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back