Salifert Calcium test kit not turning pink

roggy23

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
533
Reaction score
115
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I drop on the Ca reagent 0.6ml is says it’s supposed to turn pink before next step..
Is it because my calcium is so low it’s not detecting? I think I’ve dosed about 250 mls of calcium in my 180g and it’s still not turning pink… am I ok to keep dosing calcium? Just don’t want to overdose calcium
 
When I drop on the Ca reagent 0.6ml is says it’s supposed to turn pink before next step..
Is it because my calcium is so low it’s not detecting? I think I’ve dosed about 250 mls of calcium in my 180g and it’s still not turning pink… am I ok to keep dosing calcium? Just don’t want to overdose calcium

It may be due to calcium being below about 300 ppm, or it may not be working correctly.

Try the kit on new salt water. Also try adding a bit more to the new salt water if it does not turn after 0.6 mL.
 
When I drop on the Ca reagent 0.6ml is says it’s supposed to turn pink before next step..
Is it because my calcium is so low it’s not detecting? I think I’ve dosed about 250 mls of calcium in my 180g and it’s still not turning pink… am I ok to keep dosing calcium? Just don’t want to overdose calcium
Its because you Ca is below 300 ish. The bolus dose of 0.6 ml has already passed thr titration point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new