Salifert flat worm exit or yellow wrasse?

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed my populations of planaria flat worms growing. They are tiny, and mainly stick to glass high up near lights and in high flow. They are mostly clear, maybe a slight brown but have a tail in a U shape, not the 3 pronged tails which I heard are the really bad ones. Anyways, I’ve been trying to suck them out with air line tubing, but they repopulate so quickly!
My debate is getting flat worm exit, or a yellow wrasse. Heard mixed reviews of flat worm exit and worried about the toxins. Debating getting a natural predator that will eat these things! Thoughts and experience?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrasse is a safer choice. Thou it will have a tough time keeping up with the flat worms. Like all pest they reproduce faster that any method to get rid of them.
Qt all corals before placing in display is always best.

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certain damsels work great as well. Coris and Melanarus wrasse can almost certainly keep a population in check to the point you never see one again. Amazing how efficient these guys are.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! I went with the wrasse. I am unable to QT at the moment.. (I know... shame on me)... but I’ve also dipped everything! Obviously it’s not fool proof, and it shows here, but all I can do is fix the current issue. Thanks again for the replies, I’m pretty against chemical additives as it’s the same with all animals; what you put in can cause other issues. Plus, this was an excuse to buy a cool fish!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back