Salifert Potassium test kits

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pappy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Messages
2,076
Reaction score
20
Location
Sebastian florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't probably pertinent to most people unless they run zeovit or other ULNS systems but......The only potassium test kit I've been happy with has been Salifert! Does anyone know what's going on with their K kits and why nobody carries anymore? Has anyone tried others and opinions on them please. I have tried the Red Sea and not a fan to say the least! Thanks everyone for your input!!!
 
My friend told me that the NA distributor of their test kits has something to do with it... I just don't know the reason why they don't have them.
 
Hey Pappy,

I'm pretty low on my Potassium reagent, but I can test your water for you if you mail me a water sample. I would keep your daily dosing as stable as possible (if you aren't already) and I can test your levels. At the very least you will know if you need to dose more or less on a daily basis. This should be able to get you by until the test kits become available again. My forest fire digi is my potassium canary. If the polyps start to become retracted and the color is off, I know I am low on potassium. Same thing with other montis. They have a tendency to look less than stellar once your potassium gets to 350 or less.

James

James
 
Hey Pappy,

I'm pretty low on my Potassium reagent, but I can test your water for you if you mail me a water sample. I would keep your daily dosing as stable as possible (if you aren't already) and I can test your levels. At the very least you will know if you need to dose more or less on a daily basis. This should be able to get you by until the test kits become available again. My forest fire digi is my potassium canary. If the polyps start to become retracted and the color is off, I know I am low on potassium. Same thing with other montis. They have a tendency to look less than stellar once your potassium gets to 350 or less.




James



James


+1 . It's what I did in the past . yeah , monti caps that lighten up were an indicator of low potassium. If one keeps a birdsnest it's also a great potassium meter too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new