Salt and additives...which one

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rob Top1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rob Top1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
621
Reaction score
27
Location
Rockford IL area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is using what line? I have been on SeaChem Aquavitro additives and Salinity salt. Been considering a switch. Thought about TM as well as EVS and Ref Sea. Wondering how is on what line and WHY. Also considered a lower quality salt with high end additives. Since I have to dose any way does it matter if I am starting out low. Have seen some great tanks and then I am shocked to find its IO. if you have Tony Vargas's book, look at the tanks in the back. Most of those amazing systems use IO. Most of the US tanks at least.
 
I've been using Red Sea coral pro salt. I know a lot of people don't like the cost, others the high levels. For me I was having trouble keeping my numbers up, even with additives, and this has helped. For additives, I've been using Aqua Vitro, and been happy. It does seem like a lot of very experienced reefers use IO, and have gorgeous tanks!
 
I used reef crystals for about 4 years then I switched to Red Sea Coral Pro just to try it. I won't use anything else again, the levels are nice and steady and the corals are looking awesome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new