Salt mix question

Hugster78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any one noticed a change in tropic marine pro? Got a new batch from brs like always and it’s mixing cloudy. Mixed for hours. Numerous buckets going. All the parameters check out. Saw a local forum and someone mentioned TMP being made somewhere else. Anyone know what’s up???

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just swapped over to TMP from Red Sea blue bucket a few weeks ago. My salt mixes clear. I use a powerhead in a 5 gallon bucket for mixing I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my last bucket a month or so ago and it mixes clear…but as the price of Tropic Marin Pro salt has sky rocketed it will be my last bucket, I’ll be changing to another brand.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any one noticed a change in tropic marine pro? Got a new batch from brs like always and it’s mixing cloudy. Mixed for hours. Numerous buckets going. All the parameters check out. Saw a local forum and someone mentioned TMP being made somewhere else. Anyone know what’s up???

@Lou Ekus Had said they were increasing production capabilities in previous threads about outages. I took that they were adding at eh current location. Where is the added location?

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus Had said they were increasing production capabilities in previous threads about outages. I took that they were adding at eh current location. Where is the added location?
In the past year and a half, Tropic Marin has expanded the capacity in its two facilities located in Germany. We have also added a new manufacturing facility in Turkey. All of our manufacturing facilities utilize the same grade of raw materials, the same stringent manufacturing and mixing standards, and the same extremely tight quality control monitoring. All of the manufacturing and monitoring is controlled and supervised by our long standing staff from Germany. The salts manufactured by Tropic Marin are indistinguishable in relation to which facility they come from. @KStatefan, I would be happy to help you determine why you are seeing this "cloudiness" in your freshly mixed salt water. When you get a chance, please give me a call in our office at 413-367-0101.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past year and a half, Tropic Marin has expanded the capacity in its two facilities located in Germany. We have also added a new manufacturing facility in Turkey. All of our manufacturing facilities utilize the same grade of raw materials, the same stringent manufacturing and mixing standards, and the same extremely tight quality control monitoring. All of the manufacturing and monitoring is controlled and supervised by our long standing staff from Germany. The salts manufactured by Tropic Marin are indistinguishable in relation to which facility they come from. @KStatefan, I would be happy to help you determine why you are seeing this "cloudiness" in your freshly mixed salt water. When you get a chance, please give me a call in our office at 413-367-0101.

That was not me with the cloudy mixing was just responding to @Hugster78

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hugster78 :

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back