Salt mix

RSREEFING

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
163
Reaction score
47
Location
Racine
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I mixed some salt last Thursday, reef crystals. I have it stored in a 20 gallon brute container with a circulation pump and no heater. I was originally going to use it the next day but due to being busy and work I wasn't able to. Am I still able to use it for a water change? It's just fish in there currently.

Thank you for any advice
 
So I mixed some salt last Thursday, reef crystals. I have it stored in a 20 gallon brute container with a circulation pump and no heater. I was originally going to use it the next day but due to being busy and work I wasn't able to. Am I still able to use it for a water change? It's just fish in there currently.

Thank you for any advice

Its fine. Use it.
 
I mix 50 g at a time in a barrel, no heater (even in winter, which get's around 49' here in SoCal) and keep it for a week to 10 days for water changes in 2x 200g tanks) - salt mix is fine with circulation pump. Also ok to add cold'ish water during 7.5 % water change - since it's a small % of total.
 
So I mixed some salt last Thursday, reef crystals. I have it stored in a 20 gallon brute container with a circulation pump and no heater. I was originally going to use it the next day but due to being busy and work I wasn't able to. Am I still able to use it for a water change? It's just fish in there currently.

Thank you for any advice
its fine as long as the container is sealed. make sure it hasnt evaporated. check the salinity now making sure its the same as whene you mixed it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new