Saltgator's 240 Build

I don't think you can have them with SPS either. I also tried dosing but chickened out about midway.
 
I don't think you can have them with SPS either. I also tried dosing but chickened out about midway.
Thanks! The kicker for me was manually shaking the reactor each day to release the bacteria. You chickened out dosing zeo or vinegar? Sorry, my brain quit on me this morning, lol
 
Lol! I just didn't finish my sentence. I chickened out on Vodka. I really hate to add anything to my system that I'm not sure of.
 
Lol! I just didn't finish my sentence. I chickened out on Vodka. I really hate to add anything to my system that I'm not sure of.
Me too until a couple weeks ago, I dosed peroxide!!! Completely destroyed the bloom of algae I had.
 
Wow! I just have some fish that I am attached to that I don't want to risk. I just ordered 2 Santa Monica Hog3 algae scrubbers. I am really excited about that. I would love to be able to simplify things and get rid of the reactors.
 
Wow! I just have some fish that I am attached to that I don't want to risk. I just ordered 2 Santa Monica Hog3 algae scrubbers. I am really excited about that. I would love to be able to simplify things and get rid of the reactors.
those scrubbers look very nice. looking forward to a update on them getting the job done for you.
 
New blades for my kent pro scraper and sore arms, but....


uploadfromtaptalk1406406558343.jpg


Sorry is cloudy, just got done. Btw, my new ritteri (terrible cell pic, sorry)too. I'll get better pics without the cloudiness.

uploadfromtaptalk1406406673605.jpg
 
Well-scraped!!! I broke a sweat just thinking about it!

-Matt
 
Nice scraping Brad, how's everything else going?
Thanks Brett. Still battling no3. Gonna swing some big water changes starting tomorrow. Gonna do 4 x 50g over the next 2-3 weeks. After that, retest and possibly make daily or every other day water changes. I also have some new fuge algae coming this week. Introducing grape and fern calupera strands. Gonna see if that can assist because cheato will not grow (for me) regardless how it tumbles or flows.
 
40g WC done. Took 20 minutes from pulling drums thru house to washing them out afterwards.
 
Hope the large WC's help ya out. Just coming back from vacation and catching up
On the thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new