Saltwater Books

Tyler Young

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...sooooooo are you only on this thread to ask if you can buy our books? I’m not sure if I should be offended or relieved that you don’t want any of mine...

Coral magazine put outs its entire collection for pdf download back in March, and was supposed to end in June or so. Try and see if this still works: https://www.reef2rainforest.com/2020/04/07/coral-magazine-38-issues-with-free-digital-access/
No, I’m not only on here to buy anyone’s books. I have just purchased some that someone had showed on a similar thread so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. And if they didn’t want to sell any of their books that’s perfectly fine but I figured maybe some people haven’t really thought of it so if I offered maybe they would think, I wouldn’t mind getting rid of a few. Because like quite a few people have mentioned or asked on threads like this one, who uses books anymore when you have the internet. Well I do and I really enjoy having hard copies of things because I don’t like being stuck on the internet reading a bunch of things when I could be reading them in my hand on paper instead. I apologize if me asking has offended anyone. Also, I would very much so like to have the collection you have. I have about 10 books right now that I ordered from amazon but they’re a re many more that I’ve seen or heard about on here that I haven’t been able to find on amazon or if I have it’s been upwards of $100 or more for a single book. And thank you for the link, I’ll give it a try.

Last edited:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to add this to my collection. I should have bought it when it came out, didn't think the price would go up.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200819_161306.jpg

This just got delivered. Pur hased after seeing a recommendation in another thread!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a shame that the internet has mostly killed off physical publishing in the hobby. Some excellent series never got fully published. When I took a break from the hobby 2010-13 my book collection was one of the things I kept .... I figured they’d be hard to replace.

The four volume Modern Coral Reef set is my personal favorite, though the two volume Peter Wilkins books are really cool as about the earliest of the credible books.

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a shame that the internet has mostly killed off physical publishing in the hobby. Some excellent series never got fully published. When I took a break from the hobby 2010-13 my book collection was one of the things I kept .... I figured they’d be hard to replace.

I much prefer flipping pages in a book when I am trying to research or read in depth than scrolling down a computer screen. I guess each has their place but...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I much prefer flipping pages in a book when I am trying to research or read in depth than scrolling down a computer screen. I guess each has their place but...

I would say the same .... even if it’s been quite a while since I took any of these down.

B6A7F6B1-38E8-4ECA-8842-697C22626CD0.jpeg
1AEBE976-2172-4F75-BEB5-EA7C3F7465A3.jpeg

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive me if this is too far, but would you be willing to part with any of these? I’m a big fan of reefing books or anything saltwater related that I can learn more from.
Sorry, no, but like I said... you can get any of these books from independent resale shops and sellers on amazon.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your thinking of building a reef, use the most current information from several sources available regardless of form. Things do change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back