Saltwater Mollies

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add some mollies to my refugium to clean it up some of the nasties but I currently have a pair of clowns (Wyoming White and Black Misbar ~2") in there. Do you think keeping both the mollies and clowns would fine? My refugium is 20"x20"x15".

Clowns can't go in display since I already have a pair in there.
 
I've had mixed success mixing mollies and clowns, but it isn't an unreasonable consideration. FWIW, my mollies wild caught in brackish water.
 
Good luck finding any Mollies from a LFS, that can survive the transition to salt. I‘ve done a couple of two week acclimations, all died. A Tuxedo Urchin would be a better choice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new