Saltwater Multi Reference Solution - Fauna Marin

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has used this Reference Solution and if so, what you think of it:

Thanks!

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if anyone has any experience with this. Not too many reviews online either.

OP
OP
Dr. Jim

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if anyone has any experience with this. Not too many reviews online either.
I bought it and tested for all the parameters. I made notes with plans of reporting my findings but can't find those notes at the moment. Sorry. My general conclusion was that at least some of the standards can't be trusted, IMO, in particular PO4 and NO3 (if I recall correctly). At any rate, there was enough skepticism to make me then doubt any of the results.
I wouldn't recommend it. Too bad....it seemed like a good idea.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it and tested for all the parameters. I made notes with plans of reporting my findings but can't find those notes at the moment. Sorry. My general conclusion was that at least some of the standards can't be trusted, IMO, in particular PO4 and NO3 (if I recall correctly). At any rate, there was enough skepticism to make me then doubt any of the results.
I wouldn't recommend it. Too bad....it seemed like a good idea.
That's unfortunate as I was really only interested in the nitrate and phosphate. Everything I use a trident for and every box comes with a bottle of calibration fluid.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back