Saltwaterfish.com

Bronco765

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone recently ordered from Saltwaterfish.com? It’s been awhile since I ordered fish from them. I know they have been around for a long time. They have a couple of fish I have been looking for.
 
They are very regular posters on here; you'll see several threads started by them. There was a discussion recently that there was an issue that was resolved to the buyer's satisfaction.
 
Has anyone recently ordered from Saltwaterfish.com? It’s been awhile since I ordered fish from them. I know they have been around for a long time. They have a couple of fish I have been looking for.
Hey there!
We would love to show you around. If you want to reach out to our customer service team, we are available 7 days a week and the fastest way to reach us is via live chat. You can ask anything you'd like in here as well. I've been with the company for 15 years and I get all my stuff from our business. Myself (Mary) and Anna write most of the posts in R2R about our own experiences and marine life. Happy to help in any way I can. Thanks for the shout out DmitryB 😁
 
I've been mostly happy with saltwaterfish.com, but honestly I don't order much from them these days almost entirely due to something that's not really in their control - they ship via FedEx, and I don't trust FedEx around me. There are a lot of factors that go into your choice of shipper, and I'm not going to criticize them for using FedEx instead of UPS. But locally, FedEx just doesn't treat packages well. On my last order from saltwaterfish, I had them ship to the FedEx facility rather than putting it on a delivery truck - the facility is only 10 miles or so from me, so I figured I could minimize stress on the fish and get them in sooner if I had them held at the facility and picked them up myself.

When I got the fish, they showed clear signs of rough treatment from FedEx. I had three or four fish, and none of them made it a week. Two of them were dead within a day.

Again, I want to stress that I don't think that was on swf. The fish were packaged and labeled well (something I've always appreciated from them), and they honored their arrive-alive guarantee where it was applicable. But if FedEx isn't reliable around you, that is something to be aware of.

Their selection is great and pricing is great to fair, so if FedEx shipping is reliable around you I don't think you'd be disappointed with them. Also, I know "fish" is kind of what the name implies, but I've picked up a few corals from them as well and found them very nice, especially for the price.
 
I've been mostly happy with saltwaterfish.com, but honestly I don't order much from them these days almost entirely due to something that's not really in their control - they ship via FedEx, and I don't trust FedEx around me. There are a lot of factors that go into your choice of shipper, and I'm not going to criticize them for using FedEx instead of UPS. But locally, FedEx just doesn't treat packages well. On my last order from saltwaterfish, I had them ship to the FedEx facility rather than putting it on a delivery truck - the facility is only 10 miles or so from me, so I figured I could minimize stress on the fish and get them in sooner if I had them held at the facility and picked them up myself.

When I got the fish, they showed clear signs of rough treatment from FedEx. I had three or four fish, and none of them made it a week. Two of them were dead within a day.

Again, I want to stress that I don't think that was on swf. The fish were packaged and labeled well (something I've always appreciated from them), and they honored their arrive-alive guarantee where it was applicable. But if FedEx isn't reliable around you, that is something to be aware of.

Their selection is great and pricing is great to fair, so if FedEx shipping is reliable around you I don't think you'd be disappointed with them. Also, I know "fish" is kind of what the name implies, but I've picked up a few corals from them as well and found them very nice, especially for the price.
Do you think it is a local problem? I received fish from a vendor last month that ships FedEx and had no issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new