saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Here is a new build i am starting:

Details:
225g 3 side starfire peninsula 60x36x24 tall. External overflow with a small internal box like the ghost overflow. 3 1" drains 2 1" returns
I will be using my existing sump room and the 120g that is in it. Skimmer is a AquaEuro 400 and there will be 3-4 WP60s for flow.

The story of how i decided to upgrade is long, but basically my tank has a bad seam that was ready to split. I went and bought a 210g 60x34x24 from craigslist and after transport it developed a 20" crack in the front pane. So i decided to get a brand new tank. Here are some pictures of the progress.

Home built stand from 2x6 and 2x4 yet to be skinned.

Delivered on the stand(Check out the new skimmer)

It will be a migration from my 150g to this tank, hopefully in one day. Still waiting on the glass for the external overflow and bulkheads but then it will be ready to go.

150g

First inhabitants in the tank!!

Scoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good buddy! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm sure it will be sweet!

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's an upgrade. Its going to be awesome. What kind of lighting will you be using?

OP
OP
S

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well put in some work on the internal overflow box and here is what i came up with.

Also here is a new structure that will go in the tank, not huge. It will be a foreground piece for the front view. Not sure if i like the branch, might take it off or add more, undecided.

I will be picking up the industrial silicone tomorrow, to do the external overflow box.

Stay tuned!!!!

OP
OP
S

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HUGE Thanks to the guys that came out to help me move the old tank out and the new one in. It was a long night, but it was almost 100% running when i went to sleep. Just needed more water in the sump for the skimmer to work properly.

Doubt you are still reading so here are some photos!

Old tank being broken down

Purple haze monti that was growing on the bottom of the tank, came up in one piece.(Didnt go back in that way but O well.)

C-Aquarium Unknown

New tank in place

Before Aquascpaing

Going to be my favorite view when i finish mounting stuff!(water is still cloudy, i will take some more in a few days.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful! Can't wait to watch this thing grow to fill the new space! Get us an updated pic once the water settles a little! :D :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
S

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry been a while, not a wonderful update though. With the move some of the larger colonies didn't like it and proceeded to stn. Most I was able to save at least a frag from, but some are still doing it. That and with the drought in Northern California something seems to be getting past our Ro/di units and affecting sps also.

OP
OP
S

saltwaternoob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current View of the tank, been through some changes. Decided to rescape to renew my interest. Only 3 rock structures Emarco'd together.

20190402_182925.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%

Back