OP
OP
I

Inversus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so far I think the overflow is tuned in.
The Instruction from the Red Sea starter kit actually says it needs a running Skimmer and light so I installed it.
The Skimmer manual is not so clear to me, because my Skimmer Shows a different behavior than I would expect from the manual (opened a thread in the deltec subforum already).

Anyhow, thats how it looks currently

IMG_20220217_123711.jpg

IMG_20220217_123701.jpg

OP
OP
I

Inversus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle is still ongoing and a few days behind the scheduled results (alage and stuff). But in the manual they used liverock, so I guess its normal.

Furthermore I think the stock freshwater reservoir of Read Sea is useless... So I upgraded to a Tunze 3155 ATO. Muuuuuch better

OP
OP
I

Inversus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I learned that I have to clean the bubble sponge more often (the stuff flowing in my tank is only from getting the sponge out, cleaning it and putting it back in).

Also the first algea startet to grow on a Rock. Maybe if the nutritions are right I can add the first coral and CUC next week

IMG_20220312_163518.jpg

OP
OP
I

Inversus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week the first animals were intruduced to the tank.
1 nemo (unfortunately they only had one, but going to add a second one soon)
2 Lysmata Debelius
And 3 snails (2x Trochus, 1x Tectus)

Tank so far is stable. Only the Skimmer acts weird. From running stable on Level 7 to skim extremly wet with anything above level 2.
Probably the real tuning started now... But so far I have no luck with that.

How long would you wait to add more livestock?
I think I wouldnt add any CUC soon because the Tank is still really clean without algea, but one or a few more fishes?

Pictures looking All awful with the blue light. This video is the only okayish shot I got :)

OP
OP
I

Inversus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time no see. It was a bit troublesome at home and I had little time to post here.
It looks like Im going to move soon to another state (about 370 miles) and thought I could keep my job, but it looks like they dont want me to work remote from that far away :rolleyes:

A friend of mine said thats the perfect time to grow your tank... And I was like dang he right.
If I am able to, I could install a bigger tank at the new apartment and prepare everything and then just move the water and livestock. Would be much more easier and I have a bigger tank then :D
Lets see how that will go.

Anyhow, a few things happend in the tank too :D

- I switched the Deltec 400i against a Nyos 120, because the deltec is too loud for my taste. The nyos 120 is noticeable more silent. BUT it seems like after a few days something loosens up inside the nyos and it starts humming very loud.
Yesterday I dissembled the skimmer, but haven't found anything. But the noise was gone. And today it's back.

- Algae started too grow in a healthy manner

- One of my crabs switched its housing first time. It went from fingernail size to a really big one. Looks really funny :D
Heres a picture of him scouting out the new home. Actually both crabs scouted it out ^^
IMG_20220503_063904.jpg

And here my new urchin. Its so mesmerizing to watch <3

And my new corals

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back