Salvage or start over?

kLoRRn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a complete long shot but looking from some advice. I started my fluval evo roughly a year ago. Over the past 4 or 5 months I’ve really let myself go in all aspects including my tank. Things are looking up for me personally and it’s time to tackle this thousands of dollars of mess I have on my hands. My fish are still alive, hanging on somehow but the entire tank is covered in algae. Every piece of hardscape is coated in algae, every piece of coral is gone, my zoa frags are all nothing, my gsp still has its skeleton on the rocks and its not bleached but coated in algae and a bunch of pulsing Xenia ”skeletons”. All thats left are my fish, hermits and alage. Is there any use trying to salvage with what I have in the tank now or is this something that calls for a complete overhaul?

Brandont21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Probably salvageable honestly. But will take some dedication on your end. Mind posting a pic under whites?

Ancient Mariner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my nuisance algae, then cyano/dino slime stage, weekly scrubbing of rock in a bucket and siphoning and water changes over a period of 6-12 months finally got me through it. I felt like giving up at times, then I’d buy a frag…hope springs eternal… and that was enough to push me through to the other side!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 106 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back