Jun 10, 2008 #1 Paintguru In need of tank View Badges Joined Jan 7, 2007 Messages 594 Reaction score 15 Location New Hudson, MI Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I want to toss a little sand in my tank that has pretty high flow. Anyone have any thoughts on what the best grain size would be to get for overall use and maintenance?
I want to toss a little sand in my tank that has pretty high flow. Anyone have any thoughts on what the best grain size would be to get for overall use and maintenance?
Jun 10, 2008 #2 fishes2889 Aquaculturist View Badges Joined Jul 6, 2006 Messages 3,431 Reaction score 14 Location Emmaus, Pa (18049) Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Fairly large considering it would be blown around all the time. At my store that i worked at, there were small, medium and large grain sizes.
Fairly large considering it would be blown around all the time. At my store that i worked at, there were small, medium and large grain sizes.
Jun 10, 2008 #3 revhtree Verified Admin Owner Administrator View Badges Staff member Super Moderator Ultimate Member Reef Squad Partner Member 2026 Excellence Award Platinum Sponsor Photo of the Month R2R App User Article Contributor Hospitality Award Article Administrator Industry Professional My Aquarium Showcase Joined May 8, 2006 Messages 54,876 Reaction score 122,547 Rating - 100% 1 0 0 I would use a reef grade like figi pink or something....
Jun 11, 2008 #4 OP OP Paintguru In need of tank View Badges Joined Jan 7, 2007 Messages 594 Reaction score 15 Location New Hudson, MI Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I was planning to order from Premium Aquatics, but I guess I'm not sure what a "large" grain size is. The one I was looking at was 1-2mm.
I was planning to order from Premium Aquatics, but I guess I'm not sure what a "large" grain size is. The one I was looking at was 1-2mm.