Sand in tank ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mm16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mm16

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mates pair that I would like to put in my sons 12 gallon bio cube. Currently it has sand, is it ok to have sand while breeding clown fish?
 
Is there sand in the ocean?
It’s okay to have a sand substrate in the actual breeding tank.
You'll most likely want to move the fertilized eggs to another tank to raise the fry. In my fry tanks I don't use substrate as it's easier to keep the tank clean and I believe that the fry can find their food easier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new