Santa did Good!

ssramage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New member here. Same story as a lot of others, jumping back into saltwater after a few year hiatus. Still VERY much a beginner! My dad had numerous tanks when I was a kid growing up in the early 90s. I had my first stint in my own saltwater aquarium 6 or 7 years back with a Biocube 32G, but sold it during a move.

Long story short, my kids have become obsessed with marine life due to several YouTube creators so Santa set out on a last minute search to pull it off. I had been wanting to get back into it so I didn't need much convincing. I lucked out and found a complete setup on Facebook Marketplace and had it running when the kids got up this morning. The tank was pretty well sorted with a lot of the upgrades I would have wanted to make, and I got it for a steal in my opinion. There's a learning curve for me on some of this technology as it's all a lot different than what we had in the 90s or even in my Biocube.

Looking forward to jumping back in and seeing my kids learn as I did as a kid!

Aquarium specs:
Fluval Evo 13.5
AI Prime 16HD with 3DReefing Diffuser (need to figure out how to set up on my phone)
Sicce Syncra 1.0
Aqamai KPS Powerhead
VCA Random Flow (that I broke the nozzles on so I'l have to replace :loudly-crying-face:)
Two different ATO setups: Reefbreeders Prism ATO or Tunze 3155 (Just need to decide on which one and install)
InTank Chamber 1 and 2 media baskets (only running Chamber 1 right now)
Chamber 2 has my heater on an Inkbird controller
Came with a new bag of Caribsea Aqua Alive sand and enough rock to set it up
Tons of other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting, including the stand that I refinished

IMG_9257.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back