Satosa attacked by cyphastria?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trever
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Trever

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
671
Reaction score
333
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1 year old setosa that has always done well. Suddenly (overnight) it's almost all white and the orange/red skin is flaking off.

All other corals in the tank are doing quite well. There's been no new livestock in this 1.3 year old 33 gallon cube tank for many months. No lighting or other changes. Weekly 10% water changes. Parameters stable.

The only change I can identify is that a bizzaro cyphastria (8 months in tank) has gotten to within about 1/2" of it. Could the cyphastria have caused this?

FYI, visible in the photo is some cyano I've had for a few months now (I manually remove it every few days, if it's contacting corals), also some coraline algae, and just off to the edge my tuxedo urchin that has been in the tank 7 months and never hurt any corals, including the now dying (apparently) setosa.

On the same rock formation (but NOT nearly as close by) and doing fine is a blue staghorn, Burning Banana Stylocoeniella, purple stylo, and birdsnest.

PXL_20211029_202214311.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I should add: it acts like every description of RTN I've seen, and I don't think that can be from coral aggression?

Then again I read that cyphastria does have night time sweepers... just not sure an attack is what this looks like (i.e. going all white suddenly- looking like RTN)?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new