Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Familiar, yes. Trained to use it, no.

Glad you found someone you worked well with :)
It's a super cool tool for the toolbox. It happened to now work that well on me personally for a few reasons, but when I was researching it before, I was amazed by it. I know if a few of other war time combat vets that have really been able to numb the background voices, so to speak.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...because I'm a psychologist...
:) That explains some things to me about past interactions. Nice to know!

I cleaned one panel of glass today. The new acantho is finally skirting out. Someday I will learn to stop buying light blue, living things for the display. The Red Sea LAMPS Just don't show it.
PXL_20230203_013204205.jpg
The light blue still looks stunning in your photo! Your tank is the only one that comes to mind as an acceptable use of full blue lighting in my opinion knowing my preference for whiter lighting.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light blue still looks stunning in your photo! Your tank is the only one that comes to mind as an acceptable use of full blue lighting in my opinion knowing my preference for whiter lighting.
Thank you. ReefLED'S do photograph really well although the images are always more blue than they appear to the eye. Despite what it looks like in pictures, my tank doesn't actually look like Windex. I need to grab my yellow filter and stack it on the orange which will tone out the blue some.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. ReefLED'S do photograph really well although the images are always more blue than they appear to the eye. Despite what it looks like in pictures, my tank doesn't actually look like Windex. I need to grab my yellow filter and stack it on the orange which will tone out the blue some.
I've seen the balanced lighting in some of your previous pictures. Does your camera have a white balance setting? I found out this works as well as an orange filter for my DSLR camera when I forgot the lens adapter for the orange filter the day I went to visit my LFS October 2021 to take pictures with the owner's permission.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the balanced lighting in some of your previous pictures. Does your camera have a white balance setting? I found out this works as well as an orange filter for my DSLR camera when I forgot the lens adapter for the orange filter the day I went to visit my LFS October 2021 to take pictures with the owner's permission.
It does, and I don't mess with the wibal at all. I don't want to edit my pictures. It gives me a gross feeling.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a long few days, I have completed a hand towel(s) for you, my friend. @Lost in the Sauce I know you didn't ask, but I DID IT ANYWAYS

I initially made it with 2 versions of the torch, green with blue tips, or purple with green tips, but I can totally alter it into any color combo or make it smaller and add more of them for a colony look. Let me know, give me feedback! If you like it and want it, I can make it for you and send it to you. The green and blue vinyl I use will glow under the UV lights for your tank.

Plus Here's my version of Mrs. towelie selling it for me, lol

wanna get dry.png Im Lost Torch Towel purple.png Im Lost Torch Towel.png

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a long few days, I have completed a hand towel(s) for you, my friend. @Lost in the Sauce I know you didn't ask, but I DID IT ANYWAYS

I initially made it with 2 versions of the torch, green with blue tips, or purple with green tips, but I can totally alter it into any color combo or make it smaller and add more of them for a colony look. Let me know, give me feedback! If you like it and want it, I can make it for you and send it to you. The green and blue vinyl I use will glow under the UV lights for your tank.

Plus Here's my version of Mrs. towelie selling it for me, lol

wanna get dry.png Im Lost Torch Towel purple.png Im Lost Torch Towel.png
Homie that is Amazing and Thank you. I'd love to order an assorted 6 pack, dealers choice on color combos. Shoot me a pm on how to get you paid!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Homie that is Amazing and Thank you. I'd love to order an assorted 6 pack, dealers choice on color combos. Shoot me a pm on how to get you paid!
If she doesn't tell you how, I have her PayPal. She's difficult to get payments to sometimes. Which feels like the opposite problem one should have.
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good or bad things?? Lol
Ha, good.
I appreciate your accuracy in ID's on R2R and willingness to correct improper ID's even if it goes against the grain of the common (but technically incorrect) ID, for example.

I've already mentioned my interest in philosophy/psychology, though I sure am not one that will share my psychoanalysis of anyone unless they ask and truly want to know what I think of him/her for a practical/beneficial reason. I must admit, though, that I am constantly analyzing people I interact with as well as myself. Others may just not know if I never reveal it due to my nature of withholding my deeper opinions in most cases and sitting back to observe instead!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, good.
I appreciate your accuracy in ID's on R2R and willingness to correct improper ID's even if it goes against the grain of the common (but technically incorrect) ID, for example.

I've already mentioned my interest in philosophy/psychology, though I sure am not one that will share my psychoanalysis of anyone unless they ask and truly want to know what I think of him/her for a practical/beneficial reason. I must admit, though, that I am constantly analyzing people I interact with as well as myself. Others may just not know if I never reveal it due to my nature of withholding my deeper opinions in most cases and sitting back to observe instead!
I know this was directed at me, but feel free to psychoanalyze me over on my thread. Sounds interesting.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this was directed at me, but feel free to psychoanalyze me over on my thread. Sounds interesting.
*wasn’t* not was!

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...it's already been happening... (better put on your tinfoil hat!)

Seriously, though, I start making predictions and recording information about all the cronies as soon as I meet them (still online only, for the most part), though I can't claim a perfect memory of all interactions and it's just personal assumptions through these interactions. I am CERTAINLY NOT a professional, just someone interested in why people think they way they do, primarily sparked by situations with some personal interactions that I just wish I knew better how to handle.

*wasn’t* not was!
I caught that and knew what you meant!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, good.

Fun party game I played a number of years ago: pick up a secondhand abnormal psychology textbook and diagnose each other. Willing participants only, otherwise it's really mean.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun party game I played a number of years ago: pick up a secondhand abnormal psychology textbook and diagnose each other. Willing participants only, otherwise it's really mean.
What does my excited willingness to play this game tell you about me?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was nice in his analysis not gonna lie I was waiting for the “you’re a useful idiot” diagnosis lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back