Saulsa’s 200xl

Saulsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 5 months ago I decided it was time to get back into the hobby after moving to Alabama from California. This is my “low maintenance” 200xl. Thankfully I have some great friends from the reefing scene in California, so I can import some of the Cali heat. I plan to add SPS in a few months after getting a doser setup for Kalk.

I think I’m maxed out on sump equipment;)

IMG_6571.jpeg IMG_6572.jpeg IMG_6573.jpeg IMG_6564.jpeg

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a great start :D is this a prime light you have with a shade?

If so, then I'd suggest you rent a PAR meter before adding any SPS corals to this tank! Would be a shame not to have enough light to care for them :upside-down-face:

Best of luck, thanks for sharing :star-struck:

OP
OP
S

Saulsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a great start :D is this a prime light you have with a shade?

If so, then I'd suggest you rent a PAR meter before adding any SPS corals to this tank! Would be a shame not to have enough light to care for them :upside-down-face:

Best of luck, thanks for sharing :star-struck:
Ahh yes forgot to mention I want to add another prime light before the kalk doser.. before the sps.. so hard to pace myself! I started when halides were the only option- I miss that 14k phoenix DE halide look and turn key use on sps..

Thank you!!

OP
OP
S

Saulsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an update other than today was maintenance day. The ATS is starting to turn green but not really growing much. I’ve kept the skimmer online until the ATS takes off. I plan to run ATS only on a schedule opposite of my lights.

I ordered a ReefFactory single head doser to dose kalkwasser solution. I’ve always wanted to use kalkwasser but was afraid of it for some reason. For now the tester frag will be a good canary in the coal mine before adding more of my sps list.

Attachments

• IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 16

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back