Saving acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter scotty333
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scotty333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
898
Location
portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve rescued one acro when it’s flesh was peeling off by cropping it back and gluing the tips which worked brilliantly
But with the milli it’s got algae on some branches , I’ve cut a few back but the algae grows back

Should I glue this one aswel ? Or will it grow over the algae eventually?

IMG_3872.jpeg IMG_3873.jpeg
 
I think it maybe under to high a par - 425 ?
 
Is that 2nd picture sideways or is that how it's actually orientated? It seems the algea is all throughout the center. I might frag and move that branch on the lower left in case it continues to spread.
 
My 1st thought was that it was grown then re positioned, and the side that was in the shadows is being blasted with light now
 
Is that 2nd picture sideways or is that how it's actually orientated? It seems the algea is all throughout the center. I might frag and move that branch on the lower left in case it continues to spread.
Yeah it’s tilted
I guess your saying cut that bad section out
 
My 1st thought was that it was grown then re positioned, and the side that was in the shadows is being blasted with light now
It originally was in a lower flow/ light position and the tops got burnt by an alk swing , I cut it back and moved it to where it is now but it’s not recovering
 
Honestly, the algea seems to be winning. You would be destroying the coral to remove it all. But it's not dead either. More light will never help burnt tips. Clip a algea free branch or 3 and place them in different areas or light/ flow. Then experiment with the remaining portion. Try cleaning with peroxide/ soft toothbrush and place in lower light with high flow and see if you can save it
 
Honestly, the algea seems to be winning. You would be destroying the coral to remove it all. But it's not dead either. More light will never help burnt tips. Clip a algea free branch or 3 and place them in different areas or light/ flow. Then experiment with the remaining portion. Try cleaning with peroxide/ soft toothbrush and place in lower light with high flow and see if you can save it
I’ll try that tomorrow cheers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new