SB Reef Lights SBar Info?

ChrisRD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in their SBar product for a future project and had a few basic questions. I've tried contacting them at the email address and phone number on the website several times over the past two weeks...no response (and voicemail is full). I realize it's the holiday season but at this point I'm considering passing on this vendor due to the lack of response. Anybody have any insight on other ways to contact this company or have info on this product? Is it typical for them to be this hard to reach?

My questions are:
1. How wide is the fixture (I have about 4" to work with between some T-5 reflectors)?
2. I'm assuming the unit comes with its own power supply and plug (sounds like it in the description but I don't see one in the web images)? Any issue with using a regular appliance timer or controller for switching on/off?
3. About how long is the cord from the power supply/driver to the fixture? Does it have a disconnect or is it hard wired?
4. Does the fixture require (or include) any active cooling?

Thanks to any who can help.

Happy New Year!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good quality equipment, but yes the contact thing is a bit odd. I have one of their Ultra 45 lights. Great product. Some have said trying them on Facebook works. Happy New Year!

OP
OP
ChrisRD

ChrisRD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response Gary. I just tried the web form on their site too. I'm assuming that goes to the same email address I've already tried...but worth a shot...

Any SBar owners here that can help me out?

Thanks!

OP
OP
ChrisRD

ChrisRD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody here that owns these SBar units?

Still no word from this company. I guess I'll look at other options. The complete lack of response / accessibility does not give me a good feeling should I need any type of service (or even basic questions answered) from this place...

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. It is less than 4 inches wide. Cable is plenty long. I have mine hooked up to my apex.

Great quality light. Can't say anything about their service though.

OP
OP
ChrisRD

ChrisRD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! Is there a disconnect between the power supply and the light or is it just hard wired directly to the power supply?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone figure out how to remove the optics? Mine are really stuck on there good. To the point that I fear breaking the circuit board the diodes are on. Everyone has said “never tried/don’t own one, but they should just pop off” but I haven’t come across anyone who’s actually done it

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! Is there a disconnect between the power supply and the light or is it just hard wired directly to the power supply?
Hard wired. Plenty long though, I had to cable tie the excess cord.

OP
OP
ChrisRD

ChrisRD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies RR...very helpful.

By all accounts I can find they seem to make decent products...shame the company is so unresponsive. Still no word or response to multiple phone calls and emails. Strange way to do business...

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies RR...very helpful.

By all accounts I can find they seem to make decent products...shame the company is so unresponsive. Still no word or response to multiple phone calls and emails. Strange way to do business...
Odd for sure. I got mine second hand so I never dealt directly with them. The light bar is solid. You could go for Oprhek. They are pretty good at responding but I've seen them have their share of customer service woes as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back