SBB 275 Auctions plus 160 Fresh corals - Going on now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Fun fact I learned on accident today, if you have a frag of zoas covered in bubble algae and drop it on the concrete, it knocks off all the bubble algae and you have a clean frag
So if I have a tank filled with bubble algae drop the tank on concrete. Problem solved?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Cartoon Dancing GIF by Fleischer Studios
1000008495.jpg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get rid of the Peppermint shrimp once the aiptasia is gone?
Why? I’ve never had a problem with them. Honestly , if kept fed well with the rest of the tank I’d assume there wouldn’t be any issues. I loved having them. I’d need large chonky ones due to my wrasses tho.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have peppermint shrimp with wrasses and they don't actively hunt them. I see the shrimp out at night and hiding during the day.

The one shrimp that went for a ride in the overflow I dropped into the tank, and that one did get ate.
Lucky. I tried introducing what turned out to be smaller ones , 4 in total and they became wrasse lunch on the run.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Why? I’ve never had a problem with them. Honestly , if kept fed well with the rest of the tank I’d assume there wouldn’t be any issues. I loved having them. I’d need large chonky ones due to my wrasses tho.
i ever only kept 1. i feed heavy and skim heavy. it still went after my button scoly's. with inverts or even fish its always hit or miss. cool little critters, though. i like the pattern more than the cleaner or fire shrimps.

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp have a tendency to steal food from any of the corals that I try to feed. Now there is only the Moseleya in the tank that gets larger meaty foods so that may be less of a problem. They do trample to zoas at feeding time though.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The shrimp have a tendency to steal food from any of the corals that I try to feed. Now there is only the Moseleya in the tank that gets larger meaty foods so that may be less of a problem. They do trample to zoas at feeding time though.
That happens with my cleaner shrimp and larger hermits. So I do a squirt of food for you, for you, then the corals.

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky. I tried introducing what turned out to be smaller ones , 4 in total and they became wrasse lunch on the run.
I have/had 2 peppermint. They may or may not still be in the tank as I never see them. I am also not 100% sure they were the correct shrimp as their color was not the same as the ones I see listed as specifically "aiptasia eating peppermint shrimp".

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
what is the one coral you are looking for that we dont stock? are are expanding our selection and getting into more corals.

we are also updating our website to catagories each coral we have in stock by catagory

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
what is the one coral you are looking for that we dont stock? are are expanding our selection and getting into more corals.

we are also updating our website to catagories each coral we have in stock by catagory
zoa's, bounce mushrooms, leathers

Miclmcorallover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scoly and Tracy’s

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It would be nice to get some of your signature high-end zoas back.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back