SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 13, Members: 9, Guests: 4)

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically is it worth the effort to either add to the plumbing, like cut into and add new pvc or basically create a new route from sump into display. The only issue I had was the lines into the uv are basically held in with pressure by a slightly smaller circumfrance pipe. I don't trust it lol
I did mine as a loop in the sump, with slightly lower flow than the sump itself so that I didn't have to cut into existing plumbing. I just added a (random numbers since I don't have them on hand) 400 gph pump in my first sump chamber (after filtration), then through the UV and exit into the next chamber of my sump. My sump does 500 gph so most goes through the UV but some still spills over the sump chamber. That cycles almost all the water but makes the plumbing much easier.

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically is it worth the effort to either add to the plumbing, like cut into and add new pvc or basically create a new route from sump into display. The only issue I had was the lines into the uv are basically held in with pressure by a slightly smaller circumfrance pipe. I don't trust it lol
I'm a newbie, had my 26g tank cycled since November. In Feb I had what appeared to be a bacterial outbreak which nuked 85% of my corals a couple weeks after brook killed my clowns. So, I added UV to try and prevent things like that in the future (along with some other changes, like buying only pre-QTed livestock and KFC dipping anything that goes into the tank).

Since it's an AIO, it was a bit annoying to plumb in. I'm going to replace to soft plumbing with hard plumbing any day now. Luckily the sizing is such that I just run my return pump through it and the flow rate is spot on for full treatment. What I have noticed:

1. Water clarity is better
2. Algae growth on the glass has decreased drastically
3. It does add heat (it's a 40w unit)

Which UV do you have? Pressure fitting don't sound... good to me.

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie, had my 26g tank cycled since November. In Feb I had what appeared to be a bacterial outbreak which nuked 85% of my corals a couple weeks after brook killed my clowns. So, I added UV to try and prevent things like that in the future (along with some other changes, like buying only pre-QTed livestock and KFC dipping anything that goes into the tank).

Since it's an AIO, it was a bit annoying to plumb in. I'm going to replace to soft plumbing with hard plumbing any day now. Luckily the sizing is such that I just run my return pump through it and the flow rate is spot on for full treatment. What I have noticed:

1. Water clarity is better
2. Algae growth on the glass has decreased drastically
3. It does add heat (it's a 40w unit)

Which UV do you have? Pressure fitting don't sound... good to me.

90watt lifegard, it's on a 200+ tank volume

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Took par on my 65. Acans getting 110 bottom left corner. middle top spots, mid 450s. Left and right side are in the 380's. I'll take it again at peak in a bit. This was at 9am. I expect peak to be higher.

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Checked my phosphates this morning..... they were 1.2 ppm :anguished-face:

Got the reactor hooked up and pumping through some GFO now. I figured they would be high due to the move and die off/live rock movement

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%

Back