SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 25, Members: 14, Guests: 11)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'll try brushing the bases this time. It's not like I don't have enough brushes from the dentist/orthodontist
giphy (3).gif

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on best practices from removing torches from the base? Bone cutters seem like disaster waiting to happen. Dremel with large diamond wheel?
I have been able to use bone cutters to separate the epoxy from the frag plug but if I truly want a clean starting point then Dremel with a diamond wheel is the next best thing (behind the band saw).

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on best practices from removing torches from the base? Bone cutters seem like disaster waiting to happen. Dremel with large diamond wheel?
You could cut the peg off and epoxy the rest of it. That’s what I did here with the acro on the right.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could cut the peg off and epoxy the rest of it. That’s what I did here with the acro on the right.

Although my torches may think there’s a natural disaster going on in there. Look at them whipping around in the background. That’s life in an SPS tank. They have to deal with it.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back