SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 13, Members: 7, Guests: 6)

SaltySqueeble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you folks say that the blue gonis, like blue moon, are more sensitive to light? I got four colors and they all look good , but the blue moon never wants to extend very far, even though healthy. I’m about to move it down to the sand bed.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some kind of cake but nit from sbb
Looks similar to my berry cake, which always throws out feeders even when others do not. Funny.
This sounds interesting and complex, something that I want to try. I’d want to grab a microscope to check bacteria density though.

Honestly though, things go well with what @Thuan posted and it’s much simpler, so don’t know the longevity of me trying out the juice, but sounds like some fun reef science.

For what it’s worth, I do as mentioned, benepets, healthy dose of phytos (Nanno, tetra, and iso), flatworm stop (mostly for the iodine), KZ coral vitalizer daily. A treat would be oyster feast if I buy it. Fuel is maybe an every other day item, maybe daily if I remember. Based on how low things are, I add NeoNitro or use Reef Roids for phosphate raising.

All for reef is the main trace elements, 26ml daily into my 32gallon AIO. I add a bump of a capful of Aquavitro Ions for mag mid week. I water change 5g either weekly or biweekly depending on how busy I am, and I’m using TM Bio-Actif salt. So I feel like at some level I’m carbon dosing to fuel bacteria growth.

I’m sitting on some potassion, but never dosed it. I’ll add some Microbacter 7 on water changes if I have it.
Funny, we run our tanks/products somewhat similar. I do half my dkh/day in AFR and half in kalk. Thinking is, even if my trace aren't measurable or fall out of range at least there's a trickle, and unlikely to OD.

I've tried the nitrite checker means of measuring iodine but have been lazy to measure and dose. Perhaps ill check that tonight.

My first icp in 2.5 years and I was suprised how in range everything was with minimal WC aside from tin, calcium, and potassium were elevated. The salifert potassium kit misled me bigtime.

I'm also more religious on 10% weekly WC now, due to how much consumption there is.

Ammonium dosing was as easy as nitrate dosing Fwiw, no cons to speak of, hopefully it helps. I noticed flesh on LPS to be a bit more puffier after starting ammonium prior to starting concotion.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also telegrahm had done a few microbiome tests on the different bottled bacteria and fresh salt mix. Rabbit hole worth looking at. I believe he sent a few more tests out last week. Biodigest definitely wins that one.

Another experiment that was interesting was the impact on microbiome doing a 30% WC vs 10% WC. Significant change at 30%.

TannerWhatever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you folks say that the blue gonis, like blue moon, are more sensitive to light? I got four colors and they all look good , but the blue moon never wants to extend very far, even though healthy. I’m about to move it down to the sand bed.
I’ve noticed the same thing with my blue moon, new polyps growing on it but none ever seem to want to come out, I’m moving mine to the sand bed tomorrow during a wc.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks similar to my berry cake, which always throws out feeders even when others do not. Funny.

Funny, we run our tanks/products somewhat similar. I do half my dkh/day in AFR and half in kalk. Thinking is, even if my trace aren't measurable or fall out of range at least there's a trickle, and unlikely to OD.

I've tried the nitrite checker means of measuring iodine but have been lazy to measure and dose. Perhaps ill check that tonight.

My first icp in 2.5 years and I was suprised how in range everything was with minimal WC aside from tin, calcium, and potassium were elevated. The salifert potassium kit misled me bigtime.

I'm also more religious on 10% weekly WC now, due to how much consumption there is.

Ammonium dosing was as easy as nitrate dosing Fwiw, no cons to speak of, hopefully it helps. I noticed flesh on LPS to be a bit more puffier after starting ammonium prior to starting concotion.
What is supposedly the benefit of ammonium over nitrate?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also telegrahm had done a few microbiome tests on the different bottled bacteria and fresh salt mix. Rabbit hole worth looking at. I believe he sent a few more tests out last week. Biodigest definitely wins that one.

Another experiment that was interesting was the impact on microbiome doing a 30% WC vs 10% WC. Significant change at 30%.
What difference did you notice at 10% versus 30%?

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy had a post on it recently

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentially the hypothesis is that ammonia is easier for coral to assimilate. I liked one of the posters analogies, in that ammonia won't directly help the coral grow, but it will provide energy. Feeding workers vs multiplying workers.

The counter argument is that the nitrification happens to quick and the coral won't be a beneficiary, only indirectly by assimilating the available nitrate, which is a "harder" process as it has to break it back down to ammonia.

What difference did you notice at 10% versus 30%?
I only saw the data from a loose experiment:

I had questioned if this was an issue my buddy was having, as he was doing 20-30% on his system weekly, he sent me that post a few weeks later.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lastly, where does telegrahm post info? IG? Interested to see ZeoBak vs Prodibio.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, where does telegrahm post info? IG? Interested to see ZeoBak vs Prodibio.
Yeah IG is his main communication platform AFAIK. I don't keep up that much be he does transparent experiments of interest, that add value by attempting to answer current/relevant questions.

He's definitely big amongst the reefi and quanta community lol.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah IG is his main communication platform AFAIK. I don't keep up that much be he does transparent experiments of interest, that add value by attempting to answer current/relevant questions.

He's definitely big amongst the reefi and quanta community lol.
What is the Instagram account. Just searching telegrahm comes up with other things not related to reefing.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the Instagram account. Just searching telegrahm comes up with other things not related to reefing.
I misspelled it
1715714309034.jpeg

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
200.gif

For this sale we are running to fun things :)

1) we will do a sticker prize reveal for 5 Lucky people. What this means is that on the back of the free sticker we send we will put a number on the sticker. Number 1-5. This number will the correspond to a prize. We will give 5 Prizes to be revealed after all the sticker numbers are claimed. Number 1 will get 1st pick on the prize and then number 2 will choose and so forth. In order to claim your number, you have to take a picture of the sticker with the number you got and post it here within 24 hours of receiving your box. If you don’t show the number you got within 24 hours you will forfeit your number. Once all the numbers are claimed. we will do a reveal sometime before May 1st. The reveal will show the 5 prizes that can be picked. Once the Reveal is complete the winners will choose the prize starting with number 1. Good luck to all we can’t wait to see who wins! Tag us if you won or the claim won’t count

2) we will do an unboxing video contest for a $250 Gift card. We will pick a video at random and award the winner after all boxes have been shipped. The idea is that you will do a video receiving your corals. You will document the package coming in and opening them and then showing them in your tank. We will use the video on our testimonial section of our website. We hope many people enter this contest. the video must be on YouTube. Tag us with your entry or it won’t count. Good luck to all and we cant wait to see what you got!

3) stay active as we will be giving out random $25 gift card as this thread lives on!!!!!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
200.gif

1) we will do a sticker prize reveal for 5 Lucky people. What this means is that on the back of the free sticker we send we will put a number on the sticker. Number 1-5. This number will the correspond to a prize. We will give 5 Prizes to be revealed after all the sticker numbers are claimed. Number 1 will get 1st pick on the prize and then number 2 will choose and so forth. In order to claim your number, you have to take a picture of the sticker with the number you got and post it here within 24 hours of receiving your box. If you don’t show the number you got within 24 hours you will forfeit your number. Once all the numbers are claimed. we will do a reveal sometime before May 1st. The reveal will show the 5 prizes that can be picked. Once the Reveal is complete the winners will choose the prize starting with number 1. Good luck to all we can’t wait to see who wins! Tag us if you won or the claim won’t count

2) we will do an unboxing video contest for a $250 Gift card. We will pick a video at random and award the winner after all boxes have been shipped. The idea is that you will do a video receiving your corals. You will document the package coming in and opening them and then showing them in your tank. We will use the video on our testimonial section of our website. We hope many people enter this contest. the video must be on YouTube. Tag us with your entry or it won’t count. Good luck to all and we cant wait to see what you got!

3) stay active as we will be giving out random $25 gift card as this thread lives on!!!!!
Threads going on forever.
Big Boi Owl GIF by Outkast

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
200.gif

Don't you mean June 1st?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back