SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 0, Guests: 8)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More done yet the same amount to be handled ;) that joke is for you @billyocean

IMG_4085.jpeg
Holy sump batman!! Looks good..you throwing a hood vent in over the oven? The tank will be an awesome divider there!

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy sump batman!! Looks good..you throwing a hood vent in over the oven? The tank will be an awesome divider there!
Yeah- haven’t settled in on a range hood yet but minimal; whatever I put there I’ll miss the backsplash behind it. Sump is indeed a beast :) 6 7” sock holders lol- wish they were staggered but plenty of throughput… fishing for lid & skinning ideas now;

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone Else notice better PE when do a WC? Im guessing my tank is deficient on something those coral reaaaallllyyy like. The difference is insane the past 4 or 5 WC.

Triton indicated these were low
iodine at 26ug,
Strontium at 7ug,
Moly 2ug,

Undetectable
Vanadium,
Nickel,
Manganese,
Iron,
Cobalt,
Chromium,
Most importantly, tin

Unsure if i should try to attack them individually or try seachem reef trace and reef plus. Going to correct iodine tonight.

May take the fuge offline as well.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone Else notice better PE when do a WC? Im guessing my tank is deficient on something those coral reaaaallllyyy like. The difference is insane the past 4 or 5 WC.

iodine at 26ug,
Strontium at 7ug,
Moly 2ug,

Undetectable
Vanadium,
Nickel,
Manganese,
Iron,
Cobalt,
Chromium,
Most importantly, tin

Unsure if i should try to attack them individually or try seachem reef trace and reef plus. Going to correct iodine tonight.

Unless ypu do an icp-ms test some of those won't register because they are under 1

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah- haven’t settled in on a range hood yet but minimal; whatever I put there I’ll miss the backsplash behind it. Sump is indeed a beast :) 6 7” sock holders lol- wish they were staggered but plenty of throughput… fishing for lid & skinning ideas now;
Nice. You could buy some acrylic and cut it to fit

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

iodine at 26ug,
Strontium at 7ug,
Moly 2ug,

Undetectable
Vanadium,
Nickel,
Manganese,
Iron,
Cobalt,
Chromium,
Most importantly, tin

I feel like the day after my water changes the PE is even better than normal.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless ypu do an icp-ms test some of those won't register because they are under 1
Yeah, agree for sure. Im familiar with each of them and the challenges related to testing of them, both variances and limited ability to "test" them aside from MS, but im convinced that whatever is briefly available post WC needs to be available allllll the time, hahaha.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, agree for sure. Im familiar with each of them and the challenges related to testing of them, both variances and limited ability to "test" them aside from MS, but im convinced that whatever is briefly available post WC needs to be available allllll the time, hahaha.
iron, Manganese are definitely pulled out quickly

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first was triton. 2nd ATI. 3rd Triton. Im going to stick with ATI on a go forward. I think they test for more, accuracy seems comparable but ATO had the edge IIRC, and free RO test. They both seem to take the same amount of time 7-9 days from FL. Im an ICP noob but def using them more often.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any amino recommendation? KZ aminos?
I stopped KZ FWS, coral boost, daily acropower, and/or daily aquavitro fuel. Started concotion and ammonium. I had tin impacting my tank and likely other trace deficiencies, so hard to say but im not sure ill ever go back to aminos. My tank was doing good before, but its doing better now, so far. I liked fuel because it has trace but ya cant figure out how much of what trace based on what volume. Acropower seems to be a gold standard. Im starting to believe its all about the bacteria.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%
Back