SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next you'll want one of these
Flying Inspector Gadget GIF
Yep lead time plz rofl

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the trick to reblooming your orchids?
Pretty simple. The basics of life. Water, filtered sunlight and food. Most people tend to over water or underwater orchids. Cattleyas that I grow naturally live in the tops of trees and get filtered sunlight and water only when it rains. Another biggie is fertilizer. Bark or moss potting soil, which is best for them so they don’t sit in wet soil, is devoid of nutrients. I will give them a little fertilizer every two weeks. That seems to keep them happy. The only other thing is to make sure they get their seasonal temperature cycle. Never let them get below 50 degrees, but they do need time a good bit of time in the 50-55 degree range to spur flowering.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question - does anyone know if SBB torches are wild, aquacultured or a mix?
Shane will have to answer but my understanding of the SBB operation is import of maricultured ("wild") pieces,frags them up, dips them for 12 weeks in KCL, and also uses chemiclean, cures them for at least 6 months then lists for sale. I imagine he maintains some mother colonies of his best pieces.

At the end of the day, they appear to be more resilient then some of the TSA pieces ive had. The torches legit shame anything ive seen at local LFS, wholesalers, and local trades - the SBB black panther is a great example when compared side by side other "black panthers".

@SBB Corals accurate?

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question - does anyone know if SBB torches are wild, aquacultured or a mix?
When you saw the torch sticking did you notice it did actually sting anything? I saw that when i first added a few of the torches but didnt see anything stung nor anything damaged. Havent had any issue mingling SBB torches with nonSBB pieces, they tocuh all day in my tank.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Shane will have to answer but my understanding of the SBB operation is import of maricultured ("wild") pieces,frags them up, dips them for 12 weeks in KCL, and also uses chemiclean, cures them for at least 6 months then lists for sale. I imagine he maintains some mother colonies of his best pieces.

At the end of the day, they appear to be more resilient then some of the TSA pieces ive had. The torches legit shame anything ive seen at local LFS, wholesalers, and local trades - the SBB black panther is a great example when compared side by side other "black panthers".

@SBB Corals accurate?
Yes it is and then some of them go to our growout for long term aquaculture

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1716817802473.jpeg

Morning all! Today is the day of remembrance. This is my Dad in Guadal Canal, Solomon Islands in WWII. He was injured badly but was able to live with it till he reached 70 and died in 1990. Others weren’t so lucky. Think of all who gave their lives so that we can enjoy our freedoms today.

1716817722172.jpeg

Last edited:

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1716817802473.jpeg

Morning all! Today is the day of remembrance. This is my Dad in Guadal Canal, Solomon Islands in WWII. He was injured badly but was able to live with it till he reached 70 and died in 1990. Others weren’t so lucky. Think of all who gave their lives so that we can enjoy our freedoms today.

1716817722172.jpeg
Thank you both for your service.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy memorial day all.
I feel like the day after my water changes the PE is even better than normal.
You dose iodine?

I dosed .02ppm last evening and PE seemed similar to that post WC PE. This AM i saw alot of feeders out before feeding, but I also forgot to turn the closest wavemaker on before bed. Will have to observe over the next few weeks.

Have Manganese and seachem reef trace coming in today as well.

Back