sca 301 skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefQueen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2016
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
3,080
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for a while but never had a reason to ask any questions until now. So hello, it's nice to be on a forum again, it's been a few years:) I have been in the hobby on and off for a few years. Really I've had tanks set up for over 5 years, but when you move and cannot fit your 120 through the new doorways so you have to keep your livestock in a 29 with an aquaclear hob, I consider that off lol. But I've recently started fresh with a 45 cube and just installed my sump yesterday. I had a fluval 306 on there for the few weeks it took me to get everything together for the sump.Everything in the tank live came from my 75 that I downgraded from. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the sc aquariums 301 skimmer?Mine did not come with instructions and the company hasn't replied back because of the holiday. My issue is tons, I mean tons, of micro bubbles coming out of the out take. Otherwise it's working perfectly, and I had high hopes for it because of all the good reviews. I am not sure if I just have something in the wrong place (I doubt it, it's not a difficult skimmer to set up) or if I got a defective unit, or this is even part of breaking it in. My last 2 skimmers were craigslist bought so I've never dealt with breaking in a skimmer before. It is in about 7 inches of water. Of the youtube reviews on this skimmer I've watched it seems like some also spit out the bubbles and others didn't, i would like it to not lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated:)
 
I have the same skimmer and its a beast!!! Yes, your gonna get some micro bubbles for a few days, but once the skimmer breaks in, the bubbles will be much less. You could try and give it a bath in vinegar, that might help?? Either way, hang in there and let the skimmer get broken in. You'll be very happy with it!
 
Awesome, thank you! I was hoping it was just needing to be broken in. I have heard a lot of good things about these skimmers and the price tag is great too!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new