OP
OP
Bret

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great build. I have the same tank with the stock stand and sump. I am so glad that I stumbled upon this build as the stock stand is starting to fail and II want to go with a metal stand. Your detailed description of how you built it came in handy as I had something to give to the fabricator. How is the apex panel attached?

The apex and other controller pieces are all screwed to a 1/4" thick panel of marine starboard (HDPE).
The panel is screwed to some 1/2" square stock steel, which is welded to the stand

OP
OP
Bret

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update to the mixing station:
Added a pm2 module and eb4 so I could have my apex monitor salinity of the stored saltwater and control the heater and mixing pump.
Also installed a Dōs for auto water changes.
lines run from the garage through the attic to the tank and change 1 gallon a day.
4875EDBC-9D53-45C7-B53A-7933275258D7.jpeg

OP
OP
Bret

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your tank?
I'll see if I can get some pictures up tonight. It's very slowly filling in, but have had a constant battle with elevated phosphates that I can't see to win. Going to try lanthanum next...
Also have a really cool new build that I'll be starting a build thread on next using a custom UNS 120s peninsula!

OP
OP
Bret

Bret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this awesome tank, Also starting a sca 90 gallon. how has it been treating you?
Be cautious with SCA tanks. They have quality control issues that can lead to clouding of the glass. Happened to mine and they would not warranty. If you have not already purchased, I would consider going with a different manufacturer.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%

Back