Scalpel(sp?) regrowth?

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbois300
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
352
Reaction score
2
Location
Roanoke, Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a PBT that got into it with a triggerfish in my tank about 4 months ago. Both fish are fine but the scalpels (white part on tang tail) on the PBT came off (again 4 months ago) and haven't grown back. The fish is fine and rules the tank now. I took the trigger out and put it into its own tank.

My question is: Will those things grow back on the PBT? Anyone ever had that happen?

Again the fish is perfectly healthy and has been for months and eats fine and all of that. Thanks for the input.
 
I do not believe they will grow back. I know some importers used to clip the peduncles (that's what they are called) off of naso tangs before shipping. THis is because unlike other families of tangs the unicorn family has fixed peduncles, ie they are always ready to slash something. I have never seen one of these fish regrow the "blade". It is sad that he was maimed, but look at it this way, your fish has character now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new