Scapel use?

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
5,522
Reaction score
537
Location
Rochester
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im about to place my order and wondering if this is really used that often in fragging....would a razor do just the same thing? what does every one use the scapel on and is it worth buying?
huh.gif
 
I use an xacto on zoas/paly's. You usually use a scalpel/xacto when fragging lps flesh and then saw into the skeleton (unless you have a bad butt saw).
 
Exacto as well. :)
 
I use a scapel during about 90 percent of the fragging that I do.
 
hmmm i think ill save the 15 bucks and stick with an exacto for now :) that 15 bucks can go towards other goodies lol thanks everyone!
 
I use the disposable scalpels, I've used razors, and exactos, but the scalpels cut alot smoother..... Easy, sharp and cheap, usually less then a buck a piece... can get them at Feed Mills, Farm stores (Fleet Farm, etc.) in the <cough> cattle section....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new