Scarlett grow legs back?

MattyZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a scarlet (Gimli) and blue (Legolas) for a couple weeks. Brought home an emerald (Boba) got them situated fine and went to bed, woke up to three red legs attached to a chunk of red rib meat on the sand bed. Found Gimli tucked into his favorite daytime hole and noticed his shell was a little cleaner. Figured they fought over territory. Fast forward 5 days and get home tonight and Gimli is on the highest point in the tank. All legs functional! Kinda blew my mind. Didn’t know they grew back. May have to rename Boba Fett to Goblin-king.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following to see what others may say. This has had me scratching my head as well. I have two scarlets and have found numberous sets of legs thinking they got ripped out of their shell and they were done, only to see both later, chugging along just fine.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're crabs, they do molt. It's quite possible that's what you've found. A fresh molt can be very convincingly like a dead crab (or parts of one).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back