Scoly or meat coral?

allof fish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Messages
712
Reaction score
335
Location
america
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this really nice coral at lfs. At first I thought it was a acanthophyllia or meat coral but now Idk if it’s a scoly. First coral of either type. They all look so similar and some bigger pieces next to it looked like meat coral but idk. Lmk what you think thanks guys.

image.jpg image.jpg
 
I didn’t think it was a trachy at first but maybe? The ones nearby looked like this which is meat coral so not entirely sure. I know they all are so similar and same requirements but would be nice to know
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5793.png
    IMG_5793.png
    760.8 KB · Views: 48
I agree, looks like a trachy. Here's a link with food information

 
Now that it has expanded more I agree it’s a Trachy. Updated pic below.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 65

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new