Scoly stung by a torch

LeafsReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2023
Messages
118
Reaction score
61
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a new torch frag on my sandbed for a couple days to acclimate and it expanded more than I expected it to. It didn't look like it was touching my scoly, but I guess it was. Is there anything that I should do to help it recover or should I just leave it to recover on its own?

20231231_175102.jpg 20240101_214052.jpg
 
My scoly had the sand black patch when I brushed it with the rough side of a glass cleaning sponge.looked bad but within 24 hours it was back to normal.different circumstances obviously to a torch sting but I don't think lasting damage will occur.they are quite tough corals IME
 
The scoly will be fine, they're tough
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new