Scraping algae while building copepod population?

SleepyMama1986

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Location
Bucks County
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some very unsightly algae on the back and some of the glass of my aquarium. I can stand the bit on the sand but the back is pretty gross. I’m also trying to build a copepod population, so I’m wondering if I should just leave the algae or if it’s ok to scrape it. (Picture of back wall and of the algae on sand for color reference).
20260531_144636_046612C2-C79D-491E-B1E8-94E1936F9F34.png


20260531_144636_CC5DAA0F-07BE-445E-8422-845434481CD5.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new