Scratch removal on glass tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark75g
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mark75g

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2009
Messages
75
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have suggestions or is it even possible to remove scratches on a glass tank. My kids used the magnetic tank cleaner with some sand got in between it and the glass and the tank ended up with scratches.
 
It can be done, you need to drain the tank and chances are your view pm that area will be distorted afterwords. I don't think it's worth the effort, as said above keep it free of algae and learn to live with it.
 
Would be kind of interesting to try on a tank you don't care too much about though for practice and curiosity :D
 
Nothing would be worse then a spot that is distorted when you look at your tank....It would ruin the whole set-up. Not to mention it would draw all your attention away from the corals no matter how hard you try and not look at it.....Scratches suck on glass, they suck on acrylic too but much easier to fix.
 
I put my thermometer with suction cup over it... People ask why is your thermometer so high up. So i can see it easily. Yeah thats it.
 
I have one on my tank on the front about 2 foot long :(

I don't really see it unless I think about it

Nobody but me notices it
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new