Scrubber after vibrant ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions. I just finished 4 months of vibrant dosing. It has killed off my bubble algae yay!!!!! But my scrubber is near dead now. There was a tiny bit of gha on it but not much. My nutrients are non detectable right now. My plan is to run my skimmer but always overflowing in the sump and run my scrubber. Should I wait to turn the lights back on the scrubber? Or should I start off at 9 o’clock on the light dial and 8 hours of light?

Mattman1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also ran about 4 months of vibrant, before I realized it I had a Dino outbreak so maybe leave your skimmer off and feed a little heavier to bring your nutrients up some. Took me almost a month to get rid of the Dino. What a pain but the good news I haven’t seen bubble algae in a very long time now.

Matt

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions. I just finished 4 months of vibrant dosing. It has killed off my bubble algae yay!!!!! But my scrubber is near dead now. There was a tiny bit of gha on it but not much. My nutrients are non detectable right now. My plan is to run my skimmer but always overflowing in the sump and run my scrubber. Should I wait to turn the lights back on the scrubber? Or should I start off at 9 o’clock on the light dial and 8 hours of light?
Treat it like starting over, so set the lights at about the 50% intensity level for 9 hours/day, you might go through a few initial stages but if you left it running the whole time (I'm guessing you did?) then there will likely be some microscopic algae left embedded in the screen, so it might pop back pretty quickly - keep us posted, I'm interested to hear how it returns

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started an L2 scrubber 6 weeks ago after Vibrant and it seeded and started fine. I had stopped dosing vibrant for a few weeks before adding the scrubber, but it took off well and now after a month and a half (and 2 months after stopping vibrant) I'm getting great growth on the screen and very little in the display.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back