SE PA LFS

Stblindtiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and just started my first saltwater tank. I bought a Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies book, have been reading a ton of info on here, and stopped into a few local Petco’s to talk to the people that work there. They were helpful, but I’m not sure I want to be relying on them alone to guide me through building my first reef.

I looked around the area and there seems to be a few saltwater specific stores, but the reviews are kind of all over the place. Does anyone on here ever use the store Mini Reef? I live in Havertown, so The Mini Reef in Prospect Park isn’t too far away from me and I was thinking about checking them out this weekend. .

I also saw there is a store called Aquarium World in Upper ChiChester. A little further out are Seven Seas Aquariums, Worldwide Aquarium and Pets, The Hidden Reef, Coralust Reef Solutions, and Frags 2 Fishes. All look interesting, but not sure if they would be worth a visit just yet.

Did I miss any good local fish stores close to the Havertown area? I work in Pottstown, so I’m driving back and forth from Pottstown to Havertown pretty much every week day. Are there any stores in between worth checking out? Who do you use and why?

Thanks in advance!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back