Sea cucumber has gash in its side

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ritzo90
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ritzo90

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Townsville, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my first post is a post for help =)

I tried finding some info but couldn't.

The issue is we have a salt water tank with two clown fish, a bi-color angel fish and a sea cucumber. Also live rock.

The sea cucumber has some how got a gash in its side, you can see 3cm by 1.5cm to the white inner mussel I guess. He is moving around fine, fully extending at times like normal. The part that's got the gash looks swollen.

Do they heal well or should I move him on? I don't want him to die in the rock.

Oh it's black with spikey looking suckers all over it.

Thanks,
Ritzo90

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi there! Welcome to R2R!! Hopefully someone will be able to help you out!
 
Welcome! This is a pretty difficult question to answer, and that's probably got everyone unsure of what to do.

If it were my tank, I would take it out if any crabs, shrimp, or bristleworms are preying on it while it's injured. But if nothing seems to bother it, I still wouldn't know what to do either. Not much help, I know. Apologies.

Best of luck with it, though.
 
Welcome to R2R! Would you mind sharing a pic of your sea cucumber? Sometimes they will reproduce by splitting

-M&T
 
95879242-21bf-c045.jpg


This is it, it's healing really well though. Before the flesh was loose, in now it's tight and covering over.

And another shot

95879242-227f-97a0.jpg


Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new